48 Hour Film Challenge 2020 Rules & Regulations
Challenge Rules are as follows:
- Your completed film must be no longer than five minutes and no shorter than three minutes, this does not include titles and credits.
- Your completed film must be written and produced in the period between Sat 18 April 2020 and Mon 20 April 2020
- Your film must contain five seconds of black and no bars or tones at the start, followed by five seconds of the supplied TITLE CARD.
- Your film locations, cast, music and sound effects should all have cleared the rights for your film, in perpetuity, worldwide.
- You should return your completed film on Mon 20 April 2020 before 13.00 PM by uploading to a service like YouTube, Vimeo etc and sending us an email link by the deadline. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
By entering the competition, entrants together with any other member of the public involved (all such persons being referred to as 'SFL Participant') hereby agree to be bound by these rules as amended from time to time, and by the challenge instructions.
It is the responsibility of SFL Participants to keep themselves informed as to any updates of these rules, and they acknowledge that any failure to comply with these rules could lead to their disqualification without reasons being given or opportunity for challenge.
SCI-FI-LONDON Film Festival, (hereafter known as ‘SFL), with respect to SFL Participant’s involvement in the SFL 48 Film Challenge (hereafter known as ‘Challenge’ and creation of a short film or video (the ”Film”) pursuant to the terms below.
- The Judges shall be those people detailed on the SCI-FI-LONDON 48 Hour challenge pages.
- The decision of the Judges over every instance shall be final and unchallengeable. No correspondence will be entered into or comment issued on any matters concerning the challenge, and no reasons given for any decision made by the Judges.
- The challenge is open to anyone aged 18 or over. Entrants should, if under 18, obtain permission in advance from their parent or guardian and be able to demonstrate that to the Judges's satisfaction. Employees of FestivalBiz and contractors, the promoters and individuals connected with any company involved in the competition, agents and members of the immediate family of the above people will not be eligible to participate.
- Proof of submission or of posting of a form will not constitute proof of delivery and no responsibility will be accepted for lost, corrupted, delayed or mislaid entries.
- There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered and prizes are not transferable.
- It is understood that SFL reserves the right to screen or exhibit only those films/videos, which adhere to the “Rules of the Challenge.” SFL Participant hereby understands that he/she is responsible for all crew, cast, equipment, sets, locations, and other items necessary for participating in the Challenge, and all costs, expenses, damages and claims related thereto.
- SFL is providing the event and the guidelines in which the SFL Participant is taking part; a screening opportunity for some of the completed work; and prize(s) for the winner(s). The SFL Participant hereby affirms that he/she will secure all rights to images, sounds and music used in his/her project; and/or will secure talent and location releases.
- The SFL Participant hereby affirms that he/she will secure agreement from all cast and crew and hereby indemnifies, saves and holds harmless SFL from any and all claims, costs, damages, expenses and liabilities arising from the creation, use or participation hereunder (including, but not limited to claims for negligence and other torts, unauthorised exhibition, discrimination, fraud, infringement and breach of contract) of SFL Participant’s film/video.
- SFL Participant hereby acknowledges that the SFL will be an owner of his/her completed film; and that SFL has the right to screen, show, exhibit, broadcast or disseminate in any way possible, including and not limited to theatrical release, broadcast television, cable television and/or the internet; and the right to publicise the SFL and Challenge using the name or images of and from the “Film.”
- The SFL Participant acknowledges that participation in the Challenge is without remuneration or compensation whatsoever.
- The SFL participant agree that the Challenge is for recreational purposes only and that there is no obligation on the part of SCI-FI-LONDON et al to assign a winner or to screen your film if it is not suitable for screening. These and all the rules are at the sole discretion of SCI-FI-LONDON et al.
Other things you may be curious about should be covered in our FAQ - https://48hour.sci-fi-london.com/faq/